IntegraCare was formed in 1999 by Mike & Jo Davies who had worked as teachers in social care settings for many years and were passionate about creating a values driven organisation which supported people with learning disabilities to live fulfilling lives and to be valued as individuals with equal rights.
Today, IntegraCare remains a family organisation which has stayed true to its values. Despite growing in size over the years, we continue to recognise the value of remaining a small, local organisation which can respond rapidly to change and in which the people we support are able to access senior management directly and contribute to IntegraCare’s development at all levels.
- Every person we support is different and has different needs and abilities. Therefore the support we provide must be designed to suit each individual and be flexible and responsive to changing needs and preferences.
- We should support people to maximise their domestic, social and economic independence.
- People should have the opportunity to participate in positive and meaningful activities in their local communities.
- People should have the opportunity to access employment, educational, health and to pursue leisure activities in integrated settings.
- We should support people to live independent, valued and fulfilling lifestyles of their choosing.
- Where possible we should aim to help people become less dependent on formal support through developing their independent living skills and encouraging informal support networks.